Welcome back from Spring Break! I hope that you had an opportunity to spend some quality time with your families! I enjoyed my first week off, finishing up some Masters assignments and attending the CUE Conference in California. The second week brought me the flu, which definitely wasn't as fun, but at least I didn't have to miss any work! :)
1) Our skating field trips continue tomorrow and we will be leaving by 8:45 AM for the rink. The remaining dates are:
- Monday, April 13
- Monday, April 20
Please send your child with the following items on those dates:
- skates (or $3.50 for skate rental; child MUST know their skate size)
- a helmet and gloves (they CANNOT skate without these)
- warm clothing (jacket, FULL socks [not ankle socks])
- their car booster seat, if still required
Parent drivers, here is the complete schedule for you to view. Please let me know ASAP if your schedule changes and you are unable to drive! Thanks in advance for this.
2) Ms. Ledlin, our student teacher will be joining us full-time after the break until June 5th. She will gradually assume more teaching duties over that time under the supervision of myself, Mrs. Nichols, and Mr. Oliver. We are very excited to have her learn along with us this term - please welcome her if you have a chance!
3) I would also like to welcome a new family to our classroom, the Schroeders. The students are very excited to have their daughter, Robyn, in the world of the EduMinions - be sure to say hello to them if you see them, too!
4) Just a note that class and team photos are on TUESDAY, March 31.
I think that's all we have to cover for the week for now. I'm sure there will be more but we will let you know as we know. :) You can also check our class calendar for more information about school and class events, too. As always, be sure to fire me an email if you have any questions or concerns before tomorrow.