The five students whose work was selected will be featured in the Langley Centennial Museum, where it can be viewed over Spring Break. Several other classes from Walnut Grove schools participated in the competition, and some of the banners will be selected to be made into nylon banners that will actually hang in the streets of Walnut Grove!!!
- March 13 – article in Advance about the project; students' banner art up in Langley Centennial Museum's foyer space
- March 14-29 - Vote for People's Choice at Langley Centennial Museum (ballot box available)
- Spring Break - come check out the artwork anytime!
- Saturday, April 5th (3-4 pm) - all artists, parents, families, teachers, and school staff are welcome to the museum for a short reception. The Mayor will be there and will be presenting ALL artists that exhibited at the Museum with a certificate (if anyone cannot make it it will sent to the school for them). The finalists (works to be made into nylon banners to be hung around Walnut Grove) will also be announced.
- Late April/Early May - Artwork will be returned to students and look for those banners hanging proudly in the streets of Walnut Grove!
Congratulations to our five students who were selected for the competition and best of luck!